Fresh Chicken-1kg (with bone)
Kashmiri chilly paste-4tbsp
Green chilly-8 slits
Ginger paste -1tbsp
Salkkara Payyoli Kozhi Porichathu
- In a bowl add water along with salt and 2tbsp of curd and mix well..
- Soak chicken in this water for minimum 30 minutes ..
- This process will help the chicken to maintain its juicy texture even after frying ..
- In a bowl add chilli paste ,ginger paste ,vinegar ,salt, meat masala ,curry leaves ,1tsp coconut oil ,6-7 green chilli.
- Mix well ..
- Then marinate the chicken pieces and keep in the fridge for minimum 2 hours ..
- Mix 1 tbsp of Kashmiri chilli paste and pinch of salt in to 3 tbsp of grated coconut .. keep aside ..
- Heat oil ,deep fry the chicken pieces.
- Remove from the oil and keep them in a strainer ..
- Then strain the same oil or u can use new oil for frying the coconut ..
- Remove from the fire when it is crispy.
- Drain well and transfer in to a kitchen tissue first and then to the serving plate .
Calicut Paragon Payyoli Kozhi Porichathu
Courtesy : Asianet Food path
Lemon juice -2tbsp
Salt- to taste
Crushed red chilli-2tbsp
Coconut oil-for frying
Cut the chicken into small pieces..Wash properly with salt …Drain the pieces and keep aside …Marinate these pieces with lemon juice and salt ..Keep this in the refrigerator at least for 2 hours …Before marinating with crush chilly ,take a pan and roast the chilly for few seconds to remove the raw smell of the chilly..If u are using whole red chilly ,first roast them and then crush .
Now take out the chicken and then add crushed chilly to this and marinate properly ..Should cover all the sides of the pieces…Keep this for 1 to 2 hours in the normal temperature ..Finally take a kadai ,heat coconut oil …Add chicken pieces one by one in to the oil..Fry on medium heat ..Turn them to allow all sides to be cooked perfectly.. …Drain them to a tissue paper to avoid the excess oil.
If u want to decorate then after finishing frying add one tsp of crushed chilly to the oil and just fry and drain them and pour it to the top of the chicken …It will look awesome…. So the very tasty and easy chicken fry is ready to serve …….
Click the link below to view the printable version