Posted in: Bachelors Recipes
, Kids Special
, Mother`s Special
, broccoli soup
, Broccoli-mushroom soup
, Mushroom soup
, Olive oil
Broccoli-1/2 of small head
Button mushroom-15 (medium)
Big onion-1/4 of one
Vegetable cube-1/2 of 1 cube (here i used magi veg cube)
Salt &pepper -to taste
Olive oil – 2 tsp
In a cooker add potato slices and mushroom slices along with 2 cup of water and vegetable cube.
After 1 whistle remove from the flame and keep aside ..
Heat olive oil and butter in large pan, sauté onions, once translucent add garlic, stir for a minute, add broccoli till tender
Now add this mix to a blender along with cooked mushroom-potato mix and make a fine paste..
Then pour this paste to the pan again and add boiled water if needed..
Boil for 2 minutes .Season with salt and pepper … U can adjust the consistency of soup .. (Some like thick soup and others like thin .
If u want u can add 1 tbsp of fresh cream (for kids only 😉
So hope u will like this easy and delicious healthy broccoli-mushrrom soup ..
Posted in: kerala ruchi
, Mother`s Special
, sadya special
, Taste of Kerala
, vegetable dishes
Tagged: Coconut oil
, kerala aviyal
, kerala ruchi
Plantain (pacha kaya)-1
Long beans(aching a payar)-3
Ash gourd(kumbalaga)-1/2 cup
Raw Mango(pacha maga)-half of one
Turmeric Powder(majal podi)-1/4 tsp
Green chilly(pacha Mulaku)-3
Cumin seeds(jeerakam)-1/2 tsp
Coconut oil-2 tbsp
Water-1 1/2 cup
Grated coconut(thega chirakiyathu)-3/4 of 1
- Cut all the vegetables including mango into long thin pieces .
- Wash them well and cook the vegetables excluding mango by adding turmeric powder ,salt ,few curry leaves and 1 1/2 cup of water.cover the pot and cook in low flame .
- When 3/4 th done add mango pieces and cook.
- In a blender add grated coconut,cumin seeds,green chilly ,salt and shallots .
- Grind this to a semi medium consistency ..not fine paste ..
- Add this coconut mix to the cooked vegetables and mix well..
- Check the salt ..
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes in low flame ..Stir occasionally..
- Finally sprinkle coconut oil and fresh curry leaves (rub curry leaves between in fingers )
- Close the pan for few minutes b4 serving .(by that time the aroma of coconut oil and curry leaves will spread all over the aviyal)
- So tasty pacha maga aviyal is ready…