- Pineapple -1 medium(peeled and finely chopped)
- Cooking Salt -2tsp
- Malt Vinegar -4cups
- Ginger -1tbsp(grated)
- Garlic -2 cloves(crushed)
- White Onion -2 medium(finely chopped)
- Red Capsicum -1 small(chopped finely)
- Tomato paste -1tbsp
- Water -2cups
- Sugar -1 1/2 cups
- Place pineapple in large bowl,sprinkle with salt.
- Cover,stand overnight.
- Rinse pineapple under cold water
- Drain well
- Combine pineapple,vinegar,ginger,garlic,onion,tomato paste,capsicum and water in large heavy base saucepan
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer,uncovered ,30 minutes
- Add sugar,stir well in medium flame,without boiling, until sugar dissolves
- Simmer,uncovered ,stirring occasionally,about 30 minutes or until the mixture thickens
- Spoon hot relish into hot sterilised jar,seal while hot.