- Basmati-2 cups
- Small Onion -20
- Big Onion-2
- Ginger-one big piece
- Garlic-3 pods
- Green chilly-2
- Tomato-2 medium
- Chilly powder-1/4tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4tsp
- Coriander powder-1tsp
- Garam masala-2 pinch
- Salt- to taste
- Lemon juice -1 tbsp
- Cinnamon-one small piece
- Mint leaves -handful
- Coriander Leaves-handful
- Cashew nuts-15
- yellow colour
- Pineapple essence
- Boil the eggs , remove shell and keep aside
- Soak rice for 20 minutes
- Add cinnamon,cloves ,salt and cardamom to the water and boil well
- To this boiling water add soaked and drained rice
- When 3/4th cooked add lemon juice and 1 tsp of ghee
- Remove from the fire and strain ..Keep aside
- Roast cashew nuts and kismis in ghee and keep aside
- Heat oil and fry one big onion (sliced ) till light golden brown ..drain and keep that also aside
- For the gravy
- Crush small onion-green chilly-ginger and garlic together.
- Heat oil and sauté this mix till light brown colour
- Now add sliced big onion
- Saute well.When become golden colour add all the powders
- mix well and sauté for 5 minutes in low flame
- Then add tomato and cook by closing the pan (in low flame)
- When done add curd and mix well
- Then add few cashew nuts,kismis,mint and coriander leaves
- Finally add boiled egg(prick each egg with a fork b4 adding) and mix well
- Add 2 cups of water and boil well
- Cook until the gravy become very thick .
- Check the salt
- Now the main part
- Take a non stick(deep bottomed) sprinkle ghee and place one layer of rice .
- Then add egg and gravy .place another layer of rice ..
- Put some cashews ,kismis,chopped mint,coriander leaves ,pineapple essence (add pinch of yellow colour and pineapple essence to 1/4th cup of water) .sprinkle ghee ..
- Again place and gravy and do the same thing until u finish the rice and gravy …
- On the top layer should be rice ..Decorate with the same things and add 1 tsp of ghee in all the sides and close the pan tightly ..
- If u have a tight lid then fine ..Otherwise close with a lid and place anything with good weight and dum for 1 hour in very low flame .
- So ur egg biriyani is ready ..
- Serve with onion-tomato raita and pickle