- Basmati-2 cups
- Small Onion -20
- Big Onion-2
- Ginger-one big piece
- Garlic-3 pods
- Green chilly-2
- Tomato-2 medium
- Chilly powder-1/4tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4tsp
- Coriander powder-1tsp
- Garam masala-2 pinch
- Salt- to taste
- Lemon juice -1 tbsp
- Cinnamon-one small piece
- Mint leaves -handful
- Coriander Leaves-handful
- Cashew nuts-15
- yellow colour
- Pineapple essence
- Boil the eggs , remove shell and keep aside
- Soak rice for 20 minutes
- Add cinnamon,cloves ,salt and cardamom to the water and boil well
- To this boiling water add soaked and drained rice
- When 3/4th cooked add lemon juice and 1 tsp of ghee
- Remove from the fire and strain ..Keep aside
- Roast cashew nuts and kismis in ghee and keep aside
- Heat oil and fry one big onion (sliced ) till light golden brown ..drain and keep that also aside
- For the gravy
- Crush small onion-green chilly-ginger and garlic together.
- Heat oil and sauté this mix till light brown colour
- Now add sliced big onion
- Saute well.When become golden colour add all the powders
- mix well and sauté for 5 minutes in low flame
- Then add tomato and cook by closing the pan (in low flame)
- When done add curd and mix well
- Then add few cashew nuts,kismis,mint and coriander leaves
- Finally add boiled egg(prick each egg with a fork b4 adding) and mix well
- Add 2 cups of water and boil well
- Cook until the gravy become very thick .
- Check the salt
- Now the main part
- Take a non stick(deep bottomed) sprinkle ghee and place one layer of rice .
- Then add egg and gravy .place another layer of rice ..
- Put some cashews ,kismis,chopped mint,coriander leaves ,pineapple essence (add pinch of yellow colour and pineapple essence to 1/4th cup of water) .sprinkle ghee ..
- Again place and gravy and do the same thing until u finish the rice and gravy …
- On the top layer should be rice ..Decorate with the same things and add 1 tsp of ghee in all the sides and close the pan tightly ..
- If u have a tight lid then fine ..Otherwise close with a lid and place anything with good weight and dum for 1 hour in very low flame .
- So ur egg biriyani is ready ..
- Serve with onion-tomato raita and pickle
Will surely try this out Veena !
Hey Veena, how do make such mouthwatering food…its looking so yummy, cant wait to try 🙂
Thank u Mini dear
nice egg biriyani i like very much
nice one veena……….i ve become an ardent follower of ur blog……..but one douibt here………since the rice is already cooked(even tho 3/4th) n if we keep it for one hr in low flame with all the gravy n all, wont it get ovr-cookd??????….
Thank u Vinni for ur lovely words.here I am using induction cooker nt gas stove ,so It takes 1 hour for me to get a proper dum..always cool the rice and do the dum.still if u have doubt,open the lid after half an hour..the steam should be fully covered over the biriyani…that’s the right proportion….if u did the right dum then if u open the lid light steam will directly hit ur face..like we use vapourisier 🙂 Hope by nw ur doubt is cleared ..still if u have suggestions or doubt plz feel free to right to me …take care ..good day
This was my lunch today !!!! It was simply superubbbbbb!!! Thank you Veena chechi 🙂
Is it !!! … That’s great to hear dear 🙂
hai veena ,
u know tamil
this my fav briyani,this most wanted recipe for me, finely i got it i will try soon
Hello veena.Me and my daughter are ardent fans of you.Thank you for all the lovely recipes.I have told my daughter to refer your blog for any Kerala dishes.It is just like food cooked in our houses.
One request.Can you send me the recipe for biryani masala powder? Thank you in advance.
veenachechi… ingalu poliyanu… simple and tasty..athanu highlight… checheede receipes aanu njan try cheyyaru.. ellam simple aanu… ipo njanoru kochu valiya cook…”star aanu”, veetilum..messilum.. thank you chechi… 2-3 dishes photo eduth vechirunnu…but pinne orthu vendannu.. njnaglepole ulla pravasikalkk valya sahayam aanu…