- Kachil/Greater Yam -1 small
- Chilly Powder-1/4tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/4tsp
- Curry Leaves-2 strings
- Water-1 cup
- Grated coconut -1/2 of 1
- Cumin Seeds-1/4tsp
- Shallots/Small Onion-6
- Mustard seeds-1/4tsp
- Dry red chilly-2(slits)
- Coconut Oil-2 tbsp
- Remove the skin and wash well
- Cut into large cubes
- Place in a pressure cooker and add chilly powder,turmeric powder,curry leaves ,water and salt
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle and open the cooker after the pressure settle down
- Mash the pieces with back of the ladle.
- Grind grated coconut,cumin seeds and small onions together to a coarse mixture (aviyal consistency)
- Add this ground paste to the mashed kazhil and mix well
- Allow it to boil for 5 minutes in medium flame
- Now do the seasoning .
- Add seasoning to the puzhukku and close for 5 minutes
- Mix well
- In some places ,instead of seasoning they add coconut oil curry leaves to the cooked puzhukku and close for few minutes ..
- So u can do either this or that
- So the very easy and tasty kachil puzhukku is ready
Nice to see all the naadan Kerala recipes, thanks for it Veena 🙂
kollaam. it has been long time i had this. ippo veettilum ithinte krushi onnum illa..
pazhaya karikalum orthirikkunnu.kollam…….perinjanam alle veedu.