Plantain (pacha kaya)-1
Long beans(aching a payar)-3
Ash gourd(kumbalaga)-1/2 cup
Raw Mango(pacha maga)-half of one
Turmeric Powder(majal podi)-1/4 tsp
Green chilly(pacha Mulaku)-3
Cumin seeds(jeerakam)-1/2 tsp
Coconut oil-2 tbsp
Water-1 1/2 cup
Grated coconut(thega chirakiyathu)-3/4 of 1
- Cut all the vegetables including mango into long thin pieces .
- Wash them well and cook the vegetables excluding mango by adding turmeric powder ,salt ,few curry leaves and 1 1/2 cup of water.cover the pot and cook in low flame .
- When 3/4 th done add mango pieces and cook.
- In a blender add grated coconut,cumin seeds,green chilly ,salt and shallots .
- Grind this to a semi medium consistency ..not fine paste ..
- Add this coconut mix to the cooked vegetables and mix well..
- Check the salt ..
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes in low flame ..Stir occasionally..
- Finally sprinkle coconut oil and fresh curry leaves (rub curry leaves between in fingers )
- Close the pan for few minutes b4 serving .(by that time the aroma of coconut oil and curry leaves will spread all over the aviyal)
- So tasty pacha maga aviyal is ready…